Hey, I’m Hollyn!
I started Our Simple Graces soon after giving birth to my third child in under three years. Since becoming a mother in 2018, I have been on a journey of pursuing healthier living. Not just for myself, but for my kids, too! I had never given too much thought into the foods I ate or the products I was using in my home or on myself. Once I had my first child, everything changed, as I’m sure it does for many new moms!
This is a place I share some of the things I have learned over the past few years. I am passionate about making from scratch meals with quality and nourishing ingredients. I also love using essential oils and clean ingredients for home and beauty products. Aside from saving money, the benefits on our overall health make it all worth it! Plus, it’s pretty fun using a tube of awesome lip balm you made yourself!
As mom to three littles and a military wife, my life has changed a lot since marrying my husband in 2015. Transitions have not always been easy! But finding ways to enjoy the simple moments of everyday life has given me so much fulfillment!
Our Simple Graces focuses on from scratch cooking, natural living, and everyday life! It’s easy to take joy in our everyday moments when we realize what a gift of grace they are. After all, our lives are made up of all the little bits and pieces. Why not make them special!?
I’m so glad you’re here! I hope you’ll join me in whatever stage you’re in as we find joy in the everyday moments together!
Fun Facts about me!
- I went to college for music education and spent 5 years as a HS Choir Director before marrying my husband and following where the military took us!
- My name most commonly gets mistaken for “Holland” or “Holly” but the N is not a typo! 🙂
- I was born in Southeast Texas, lived in Virginia for elementary-high school, went back to Texas for college and teaching. Over the past 6 years we have lived in different parts California!
- I never thought I’d end up as a military wife, but here we are! My husband is my best friend and the best life partner I could have ever hoped for!
- I love traveling, even if it’s just for a day trip! My family and I are usually spending our Saturdays at a fun festival, heading to the beach, or going for a hike!